Monday, August 11, 2014

DIY Lipscrub

Okay, so recently I've been obsessing over making sure my lips are super smooth and soft because if they aren't I tend to bite them. Anyone else have that problem? Or am I alone in this? Anyway, I wanted to find an effective way to face this strange problem. And so I did some research on lipscrubs! I really didn't want to pay for anything so I searched Pinterest. There I settled upon one very simple lipscrub, of course I changed in a little to make it even more simple, because simple is better. I'm glad to say that this really does work!

So lets begin...

What you need:
1.) Honey
2.) Olive Oil
3.) Brown Sugar
4.) A washcloth
5.) A tsp
6.) A little container with a lid

Really, there is no real measuring to this. I put an equal amount of each ingredient (Brown Sugar, Olive Oil, and Honey) in, but ended up hating the consistency because the fact that is was so oily bothered me to no end, so I added a couple more teaspoons of Brown Sugar until it was a more solid consistency. Of course, you can make it to what ever consistency desire just as long as it still "scrubs" your lips because the point of this DIY is to rid your lips of dryness.

How to use it:
Take a finger-full and rub it on your lips (just for around 30 seconds but you can go up until two minutes). Then dampen the washcloth and wash off the scrub. And "TADA!" you've got smooth lips.You simply store it in the refrigerator until the next use. It's good to use as long as your Olive Oil is good.



This is a great option for those who have dry or flaky lips, it hydrates and moisturizes. I will definitely be using this again!














No comments:

Post a Comment