Thursday, July 31, 2014

Maybelline BB Cream 8-in-1 Beauty Balm Skin Clearing Perfector Review

Today I've decided to do a review on a product that has become more and more popular in the last month or so. Other than it having an extremely long name, Maybelline's New York Dream Pure BB Cream 8-in-1 Beauty Balm Skin Clearing Perfector claims to:

1.)Clear acne
2.)Conceals imperfections
3.)Minimizes look of pores
4.)Reduces appearance of redness
5.)Adjusts to skin tone
6.)Hydrates and smoothes
7.)Enhances and clarifies
8.)0% oils and lightweight feel

Being the teenager I am, I have acne, which is a good reason to try this product. I do believe since buying the product and using it I have had fewer breakouts, but since it has been such a short time I'm not sure about the long-term effects.

When it says it conceals imperfections it does an okay job, it's very sheer and it does say that on the tube, which means it takes some layering. If you want to completely hide an imperfection, concealer is needed. 

It doesn't really minimize the pores, I'm guessing if you want smaller pores you should go for another one of their newer products called Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser Primer. I unfortunately haven't tried it yet, but I've heard good things about it and there may be a future review on it. 

Even though it is sheer it does hide redness well. So it's great for slightly uneven skin tones and blotchiness.

I was tanner at the beginning of July, therefore I got the second to the lightest color, Light/Medium. Apparently, I wasn't thinking ahead because my tan is slowly fading away. I should probably have gotten the lightest shade on hand because it now looks too orange on me, so it doesn't adjust to your skin tone hardly at all.

When is says "Hydrates and smoothes" it doesn't dry your skin out like other products, but it definitely isn't a moisturizer. 

This is actually a very light-weight product. It's awesome for the summer time since some other products are quite heavy and begin to melt off your face as the day carries on. I think that's one of the greatest perks of this product!

This product is great, really it is. Just some of the claims are a little over exaggerated. The fact that they invented something like this for teenagers to help with acne is brilliant! I will definitely use it for the remainder of my summer and carry on using it throughout the school year.




No comments:

Post a Comment